Friday, January 23, 2009

Art for Friday




A little added crackle to this one. I'm buying some Golden gel medium this weekend, as K8 put it: "It's supposed to be the shizzle." Is that old schizzle, now? I remember one time we tried talking like that at work, about 3 years ago, and it was hilarious. We couldn't understand each other, ha! That crew at that time was the best, we had such a great time working with each other despite salty who would always dry to kill our fun. In a way she did, didn't she? I began the exodus, I simply couldn't continue under her reign of terror, luckily eps found a new place for me and I've been here ever since. Nice window facing South towards Mexico, Central America, South America, etc... We sizzle when the sun is out and freeze otherwise. It's a fair price to pay for peace of mind and minimal stress. Look, I was able to watch the inauguration last Tuesday. I love where I work. Sure, I could use Serene and Brian's humor and distractions, the truth is I do miss them. Serene and I still do stuff together (children melt downs included, yikes!) and I'm happy about that. I'd like to see Brian more often but he's busy and kinda flakey so it's more difficulty to nail that man down to any sort of specificity. The rain is coming down in very delicate sheets, fragile looking yet with the power to soak you through and through. I have to head out in this in about 20 minutes. It'll be fine, I have my big obnoxious umbrella from Bay Meadows, a gift from Serene by the way.