Thursday, February 5, 2009

Saturday in the Park



I was out in GG Park in between the Academy of Sciences and the DeYoung Museum. The goal was to peacefully read Slaughterhouse 5 but I had to change benches 3 times because random children would attach themselves to the bench I was occupying and busy themselves with screaming "BIRDIE!!! BIRDIE!!! BIRDIE!!!" or other sporadic observances. These children looked healthy, not as if they had been locked up in the cellar or attic for long periods of time, so the overblown excitement over a common sparrow was puzzling, and annoying, and unecessary, and...well you understand. So I'm a cranky wench, so what?


The Cherry Blossoms are here!


Incredibly warm Saturday afternoon, Jan. 31, 2009.
The building in the background is where I live. You are looking at J's apartment.
Yup, the one T broke into by accident! lol