Monday, April 9, 2007

42


Yes, 42 days and we're in Maui! I'm basically lining up all the ducks and I see that a few of the electronic ones are missing, larger memory card for the camera is needed for example, and TSA approved locks. Locks, that until about 2 weeks ago, I didn't even know existed! What a racket. I guess it beats having them crack open your non-TSA lock, but still. Anyway, aside from that I think we're pretty set. We're going to have to check one bag in and it's because of the grooming items we want to take that will easily exceed the 3 ounce limit. Despite the check in bag, I am taking the obligatory quart sized sandwich bag filled to the brim with travel sized items, you can't have enough lip gloss, you know?

Saw Paola and Daniel this weekend and had some pancakes at the Crepevine; unfortunately the place has turned into a speed eating cafe of sorts. It was ready, set, eat, get out! You know, I like to linger a bit after a meal, catch up with good friends while the pancakes digest and the coffee is gone. Daniel wasn't even through with his cuppa when the waitress basically told us to get lost; fine, those weren't the words she used but they might as well had been: the sentiment was the same, the meaning was the same. The result? NOT going there again and Yelping the experience a little bit later. I realize I should have said something like, "He's almost done with his coffee and when he is we'll go." I was just too shocked to even articulate any sort of response to being thrown out. I was/am so offended! Ok, clear blue ocean, clear blue ocean, ommmmmm, ommmmm!

The Frames were fantastic on Saturday night, whooooo. Glad Anna insisted I go, who knew Glen H. was such a cut up? Funny guy and talented from the top of his curly head to the tip of his pointy toes, great gig!
Quotes from Glen: "This song goes out to anyone who has had to deal with a landlord...or if you are a landlord: feck off...with all due respect! See, I can say anything if I follow it up with 'with all due respect'"
After false starting two songs: "See, what it is is the contact high from all of you, I'm getting really paranoid up here!"
The gig was at the Fillmore where if you can sneak in the jazz, they pretty much let you smoke it freely - SAN FRANCISCO!!