Thursday, November 29, 2007

Fibes update

Dr. Moy was ok, I didn't get the warm and fuzzies from her and that's fine, she didn't tell me anything new(the internet is such a helpful thing!) but at least she didn't start hollering for a hysterectomy! I'mleaning towards an embolization and I want to meet with UCSF's Dr. Alison Jacoby who set up the Fibroid
Center at UCSF, she has a great reputation as does her team
of interventional radiologists (they perform the

embolizations). So what is my plan of action? I
was concerned with insurance issues so this is
what I did
this morning:
Right, so I’ve called my insurance, my FUTURE insurance
I should say because UCSF is dropping my existing
Pacificare and replacing it with HealthNet.
So I says
to the HealthNet people,
I says “Do I have to worry about an
existing condition going into this
new coverage”? They tell me
that HMOs don’t have that clause and that I can go see Super
Obgyn Dr. Jacoby! Y
es! That’s the very good news, the not so
good
news is that I have to wait until January 18 to see her.
Now, you know I have trouble with being patient but I will do
my best to endure (hand to forehead in
dramatic southern
swoon fashion). I’ve been speaking to a group of women who have
started a Yahoo
Embolizatioin group and several in the
Bay Area have advised me to go with UCSF, one woman confided
that
when she met with Drs. at Stanford they recommended UCSF
stating they were the best at this procedure. So
why go
elsewhere? It sounds like a no brainer and so I will
go
this route. January is the KILL THE FIBRIOD(s)
MONTH for me,
I’m printing up the banners and hiring the band!