Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dysfunction Junction - can I up my meds?

Here's LA in a nutshell:

Took an extra day to de-L.A. so came to work today instead of Monday. Highlight was eating magic cake with parents, low point was Mom going a bit psycho on Sunday right before we were leaving for the airport. I just realized she and my Dad argue a lot, and it’s mostly Mom going off because she can’t have a reasonable discussion since she can't hear the other person's opinion. It's just her going on and on while the listener (my Dad) just sits there helpless, unable to have his thoughts heard. Everyone is frustrated! She with his failing sight, everyone with her failing auditory capabilities and refusal to do anything about it. I ordered The Four Agreements for my Mom, I hope she'll give it a good read and take some of it to heart.

At any rate the funeral was fine, Rafael connected with loads of cousins he hasn’t seen in years and that was good. His Mom’s sisters are a catty bunch and gave R’s Mom and terrible time while they were there....ah, family! Feel the love.

Me? I'm going into hiding.