Tuesday, July 29, 2008

San Francisco Buddha Baby

I was thinking that I wanted to get a Buddha so he could sit amongst the plants I have in the stairwell leading to our apartment, "A Buddha or a garden gnome" would be grand I thought and put the wish on the back burner in my head. Right outside our apartment unknown spirits, entities, faeries, ex-pack rats, love to deposit a wide variety of items on top of the city trash can that resides there. On any given day you can find cans of soup, shoes, books, cds, coffee pots, etc on that trash can.

Yesterday, there was a brown box sitting a top the tc, so I took a peek and low and behold there was a small porcelain smiling Buddha! He had to be welcomed into the building, so I sat him underneath my China doll plant (which sits in a
cauldron, yeah!) and took a picture of him. Now the picture isn't that great because the hallway was hella dark and I couldn't see a dang thing; soooooo I need to actually purify Buddha and make a nice little setting for him, after that I'll take another picture of him, k?


Over the weekend I went to have my brows done at Studio Kaki, Katherine runs the place and she's brilliant! I took a walk on Union Street which was having it's sidewalk sale event; this translates to being able to buy things that were originally going for $159 for $99! Oh, how I laughed and laughed!



I'd like to know who buys rubber flip flops for $79 because I'd like to sell them one of my paintings for 5 grand, no, really I would.



Nice architecture surrounding Union Street.



Princess Scherezad Barbie's house.



Lion fountain surrounded by lovely bougainvillea.