Friday, August 1, 2008

Someone needs their restraints tightened!


So I get this phone call at 9 this morning regarding an open position somewhere in the university, at the time I had no idea who placed it, at the moment I have a clue.
ANYWAY so this person, who shall be referred to as Bingo, goes on to tell me that the health care industry has been brutal and that it turned Bingo's mother into a zombie thanks to wrong medications. Then Bingo got all racist on me. Bingo never cursed and was very well spoken during the racist assaults, the inconsistent ramble ("I'm half black and half Latino, my Mom is Latina...I was adopted by and Irish family and I have Japanese cousins") and the crying. Yes, crying that was amazingly turned on and off quite quickly and effortlessly. Bingo was creeping me out but I didn't want to interrupt less Bingo go crazy(er) on me, so the rant went on and covered topics about people with flashlights and video cameras in showers, and being misdiagnosed for 32 years, how god was going to punish Bingo for telling the truth... SO turns out Bingo sent in a resume to apply for the open position which would include working with people with diverse ethnicities, with the very same ethnic group Bingo was hating on - ironic, isn't it? One positive thing Bingo said that may cause the researchers to consider the resume: Bingo will work for freeeeeeeee... Now can I call Bingo crazy?