Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More art

Get the Balance Right.
5x7 acrylics on canvas.
My cousin Jaime threw me a curve when he asked me how to say canvas in Spanish, the closest thing we could come up with is "tela" (cloth). Babel Fish wants to use "lona" and I suppose that's close too. Webster's New World Spanish / English Dictionary has it at "lona" too, so I guess we have a winner!
Yesterday was my D's birthday, and the yang in that yin is that it also marked the 5th anniversary of my Uncle G's death.
J's daughter is heading to France for a year as an exchange student, that so rocks. Family members are already planning a visit. Some family members come into money a lot easier than others. I'd love to head to France but I think I'd want to hit Spain and Italy first, so don't try to look for me in Europe until 2020 or something. I still have to do my skydive next year, remember? Nuts!
So I'm listening to this 70s radio station on iTunes and they are playing songs from every decade, who do they think they're fooling? KUSF has died, bought out by KDFC, well, KUSF is going to continue online so that's a bit of good news. A San Jose classic rock station is moving to SF and Big Rick from KFOG is heading over there, Greg Kihn in already there.
I think my career as a 80s dancer is over, I saw a bit of the show and I hated it, really did. It's true you know: "don't look back, you can never look back." All traces of evidence have been erase from the dvr so don't ask for copies.
Need to check the travel inventory to see what else is left to buy for the trip to CR. I suspect more insect repellent is needed. I received the diversion safe and it's hilariously too big!! It's NOT going on the trip with us - too funny! I also have the waterproof casing for the FLIP hopefully that works well, it's kinda bulky!!
Need to practice pack and then cut my clothing in half!!
See ya, creature!
Always follow your sueƱos, k?