Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nine days...

Happy that we're in the single digit countdown to Belize, happy that I'm going to donate a painting for the Cinco de Mayo fundraiser in Ambergris Caye and happy that the woman who owns the condo we're staying in bought West of the Fields. I'm taking both paintings with me in my carryon, that's going to be interesting. Crumpled art - the next hot trend!
Still my happiness is tinged with a bit of sadness because one of my good friend's marriage is falling apart, because of the situation with the building I'm living in, because C&C are moving out...sigh. It's ying/yang in action isn't it? It's balance, it's the way of things, it's life. I keep pulling tarot cards for an insight on the building situation and The Hermit has made several appearances and refuses to relinquish his hold. So I meditate and I take all that I know about my rights, I print out images of Hestia and Durga and place them in the hallways and corridors of the building and ask them to protect our homes from eviction, TIC and condo conversion. I've even asked Kali to protects us, and you know Kali doesn't hesitate. It's difficult to leave it up to the higher powers, to Durga, Hestia and Kali but I must trust in them and trust that we are sent fair and kind landlords that have seen and read the fliers from the SF Tenants Board plastered in the stairwell...and regarding my friend's marriage, I think all the fight has gone from her and he's being too passive...it's a complicatedly BAD situation involving a 13 year old child that allegedly is his and all the extras that go along with that, you can imagine.
So I rejoice that there are only nine days left before I leave and I hope the case of Belikin beer I've ordered to be ready in our room upon arrival will ease the sadness I feel for those still thick in the struggle.