Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ain't posted nothin'


...and it's fine. It's not about lack of time this time, I think it's closer to an evasive motivation. At any rate it really doesn't matter because I always go back to Marty's lyric of "time is imaginary". That's my cop out. Deal.
Here's another gorgeous picture of one of the most gorgeous places on earth, a place that I ask the universe to grant to me and R as our retirement home. I'm asking, universe, can you hear me?
Starting to do the Spanish thing at Kilbey's site again, not sure how long that will last. We've passed the midpoint in art class, I've done intaglio etching, aquatint, chine collier, roll up, learned about soft and hard ground, different papers, etc...next on the block is linocut, we're not using wood, which is a good thing, rather a softer material which name escapes me. The technique is very similar to making a rubber stamp; I've the image already copied onto the plate and I bought the linocut set yesterday for $14, Detwiler says it's worth it, we'll see. The class has been fun, but intaglio etching is just not my cuppa art and although I've had a great time and learned more than I've wanted to know about this technique at the end of term I will say good-bye to the world of etching plates, mono inks and massive print making presses. I've given away two of my sweepia prints and plan to make more.
Sweepia, 2012