Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Invisalign me!

See the butterfly teeth? They may be a thing of the past!
 Back from the consult with Dr. Young, here are the bullet points as I remember them:

  • Can go straight to Invisalign
  • 20 months is the target time
  • No extractions, if things progress nicely. if they don't there may need to be extractions in the future. Let's hope that doesn't happen and that things progress nicely
  • My flared teeth can be slimmed down
  • I'll need some shaping/shaving for the gum gaps
  • I need a new set of x-rays which can be done in LHts
  • I need to get Cadent Scan a C Dental. Need to figure out which office is better for this, transportation wise and based on Yelp reviews
  • I will call Yvette to schedule these for me
  • Dr. Young's office will finance at 0% - hell yes
  • With 2k down payment I can pay about $158 a month for 20 months
  • My teeth are a size 12 vs a size 10 jaw
  • My jaw will continue to shrink
  • The procedure route will push my teeth to the side making room for my front teeth to come back into line, same with the lower
  • Clear braces and Invisalign are the same price
  • I was told I had pretty teeth by one of the tech girls, hell I 'll take it!