Friday, May 18, 2012

Taking the plunge
 Consultation is set up for Wednesday and like I told TH, the biggest hangup is the cash. Well, ni modo, if I want this to happen I have to pay. I'm hoping I only have to get my front teeth fixed I don't care about the bottom teeth at all, I know that will probably make the dentista enojado or molesto but it's my mouth, my money and my decision. I also want the Damon system, I also don't want to be in braces for more than 2.5 years, I also don't care about my overbite, so if the good Doc can work will all of this and not give me any pinche attitude I may be happy. Ay, so conditional, right? I know!
The event(s) that pushed me into the pool were the realization that people don't want to take new risks even if it's good for them. I recommended the SS books to 2 co-workers. They both bought the books with the intention of following my lead and achieving some terrific weight loss, but I feel that they haven't gone beyond that and they probably won't. One of them has the book in her car, unopened. The other claims to have read it but she is also doing w watchers and I'm not sure she'll be able to commit to one or the other, this is a case of biting off too much and I predict (with the hopes of being wrong) that she will tire of the 3 techniques she is taking on: SS, WW and working out. The working out needs to be for life, I truly hope she understands that and if she decides to follow ww, may she learn the strategies she needs for life. Let me fill you in on a secret: SS is easier and teaches you the tricks of nutrition por vida!
Seeing them flounder with the idea of beginning a weight loss program made me take a look at my own floundering with the idea of braces. So, I decided that the time was now and booked the consultation. If all of my questions are answered and I feel that the doc fully understands what I want, then I will proceed. It's good to know I have other options like:  http://www.imageorthodontics.com/, 3412 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA 94118, Phone: 415-752-0654 and http://bellasmile.com/mainDF.html I'm writing these down here so I don't forget. These 2 do indeed use the Damon System and image ortho has terrific reviews on Yelp (so does Lee and Young), I need to read up on bellasmile. So that's it, it took some nudging to take the first step and I'm happy I did it.
Grateful for: My bravery in this endeavor. Having lunch with Serene. Having socks and sneakers at work. Having the sun out and shining. Having time to balance my check book. Receiving a thank you email from Aussie Alisha. Almost done with art class.