Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lunch today, lunch tomorrow, pedicures and...

Delicioso!
Oh! Ate my salad before I took a picture of it, well it was basically the same one you saw in the prior blog post. What? You didn't commit that to memory? How dare you? Since I'm such a cool kid I'll describe it for you: arugula, mixed greens, spinach, red onion, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and balsamic vinegar. It was good but the last bites were mainly arugula and balsamic so a bit on the tangy, pucker up side of things. Earlier I had my usual breakfast consisting of toast and tea, then a snack around 10 or 10:30, today I snacked on red grapes that I THOUGHT were seedless only they weren't - ack! It's crazy to think taking seeds out of your mouth is a huge effort but we get used to all modern conveniences, don't we? In this case SEEDLESS grapes! Health benefits from red grapes: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can support your body in fighting off infections and illnesses. It is also beneficial in maintaining healthy skin and promoting skin cell turnover. Calcium increases bone density and helps to keep bones and joints strong. Vitamin A increases collagen in the body and increases red blood cell production. Vitamin A also contains beta carotene, which promotes healthy eyes and night vision. Fiber leads to a healthy digestive tract and increases volume in bowel movements. Resveratrol has been associated with a reduced risk for certain cancers and heart disease.
I'm eating lunch with the lovely Serene tomorrow, my only request is to go somewhere where they serve salads, I'm all about the salads, they're all about me! I think I'll go send her an email right now about this. Ok, email sent.
These are not my feet, but I do like the color they used
Pedicure. Must have one before Saturday morning because by that point if the pedi hasn't happened it won't sooo the question is do I go before lunch today - my official lunch, the one where I actually leave the building as opposed to the one where I just eat food at my desk - or do I go after work? I think it may depend on whether my prescription is ready for pick up. So the Rx will be ready at 1:30 which means pedi after work, this actually works out well, saves gas (since the salon is on the way home) and I don't have to rush home to cook because the crock pot took care of that last night!! Sure smelled good this morning, yummmmm!

We may indeed take a check in bag to Oahu, I mean we still haven't packed the electronics, cables, charges, flat iron, Swiss army knives, etc. So either we will or R will talk me down from the cliff's edge and the $25 check in bag fee!