Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Only 2 settings, captain.

I'm an analyst, JIM, not a temperature technician! Apparently only 2 settings for the thermostat exist here at work: MEAT LOCKER and 5TH LEVEL OF HELL; after I had the temp technicians come down for the second time to adjust the obsolete gages and listen to them moan about the sorry state of the State (state uni) they left the thermostat unlocked so I can change the gage when necessary - now we're getting somewhere!
Bought my tickets to Los Amigos Invisibles yesterday, parking was a breeze and the box office laddie was nice enough; can I possibly pull off keeping the concert a surprise for Rafael until he is actually INSIDE the venue? That would mean blind folding him and walking him across Divisadero, not a smart move considering it's dangerous when all 5 senses are at 100% capacity.
V for Vendetta is ready for me at the library and I have Cerr to thank for that, I read her review, so off I go to explore this film, hankies at the ready.
I'm going for pancakes with Paola on Saturday, Howard's Cafe, she's going to tell me about this recent pull she felt regarding San Francisco's old waterfront and how she would spend her lunch hour walking around North Beach trying to find the old markers. Past life calling, hello!
She's also very much into A&E's new show Paranormal State, I caught some shows last Saturday and found it interesting but I'm still more of a Ghost Hunters fan. Maybe if P.S. began airing evps and videos...hmmmmm....still, I wish it were on earlier than 10pm, you guys, that's my bedtime!
C